Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Godmother to be ~~~~~

About 6 weeks ago the world was blessed with a beautiful and new creation; Amelia May Kirkey.

May I just take a moment to share with you the beauty of this tiny angel without wings. She is so small. Has the perfect little face, her ears have these tiny little tuft's of hair on them, and her eyes are forever gazing. I was amazed at how alert she was when I first met her. When I held her for the first time I cried, I melted. To feel her little heart beating as she lay on my chest sleeping. To hear her little breaths of air going into and out of her lungs....I fell in love.

She represents so many big things, bigger things then her or I could imagine. First of all she represents love. A love between two people that made her possible; a love that now is shared with all who meet her whenever she smiles or sighs. She represents forgiveness and kindness. She represents hope and faith. Faith that good things do happen and will continue. She represents opportunity for us around her to grow and come together. She represents all things that make people great.

I have been asked to be this little blessings Godmother. I gratiously accepted the position. I was enthralled with happiness. To know that I have been asked to be a part of her life for the rest of mine. To guide her, love her and help her whenever and however needed. This is such a wonderful responsiblity.

Thank you mommy and daddy for giving me the chance to be something more then a friend for Amelia. Thank you for allowing me to look at life, once again, through her eyes and see things with innocence.

I love you, the three of you.

Thank you ~~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home